Pages Home About Contact B4&AFTER

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lend A Helping Hand

 
I got the best phone call the other day!! The gal was wondering if I would be interested in doing a demonstration about repurposing furniture at a fund raiser event for a local charity called Hope Chest. This charity helps out women and their families that are going through breast cancer. They help with the financial aspect of dealing with cancer so the patient can concentrate on healing.  It is a great charity that has helped out many women in our area.
Our family like many others have been hit hard by cancer.  We have lost some very special people in our family and we have rallied around our survivors to help them celebrate their victory over this disease. I have seen not only the emotional help that is needed while they go through this journey but also the financial- money to pay for heat, money for gas to go to their treatments.
 
So when I was asked to help out well- heck yeah any time any where.
 


So now to decide what to do there. It'll be me and my trusty paint brush and of course my favorite paints Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. Do you think I can wear my usual painting clothes- oh wait- I don't have anything but those kind of cloths. I am one of those messy painters.
Maybe something with numbers, chippy paint, or a little worn looking...
 
 
 
A little bit of sanding, mixing colors or maybe a wash.
 
What fun and what a great cause!! Thanks to Pam and Hope Chest for asking me to join them!!
Once I get more info I  will update the post and put it out on facebook so if you'd like to join me I'd love it.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment