Pages Home About Contact B4&AFTER

Friday, October 11, 2013

Where did the last month go...

It has been one busy month- ok almost 2 since school started. My little guy is absolutely loving preschool and I can't believe I have a 10th grader. My middle one- "Red" wants to know who invented school and made the law that kids have to go. She loves the social part of it but not the home work.
I can't believe it is time for Mama's October sale. September flew by with the sale and artisian market, the wedding ( don't fall over but I wore a dress, and even heels), junk bonanza and my first girls weekend with all the Mama's. It was a great month!! So I have something I have to admit. The mama's weekend was the first time I had been gone from the kids and left them home with dad- where did the time go this last 15 years??!! It was great to get away and spend some time with some AMAZING friends but good to come home.

So here are a few things I've been working on. 
 A beautiful armoire that is painted in ASCP Country Grey and Old White with Dark wax over it. Turned out great and is headed to a lake home.

 
 This chair and table had a little bit of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. I have to say the combination of the two turned out great. The table legs was MMS Milk Paint- I love the chippiness. The top of the table I added a bit of ASCP so it would adhere. Now the chair - that turned out great. The fabric was like a gold corduroy that I painted in ASCP Aubusson. I watered it down and did a few layers on it. It was a bit stiff but took one of my sanding blocks to it and it softened it right up.
I love this last one. I was taking pictures of furniture at Mama's to start our Pinterest boards for the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint examples. I came back outside and there is Levi taking 5 watching the traffic go by. Gotta love it!! It reminds us all to sit back and watch the world and take it all in. 

Well I better get to bed. I work at Mama's tomorrow and then we are having a BBQ to celebrate the opening of our Minneapolis and St. Paul stores. 
Have a great weekend and remember to sit back and take 5. 

P.S.- if you'd like to take a look at more of our ASCP examples check out Mama's Happy or Unexpected Transformation/Ann Hayes on Pinterest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment